Why should you trim the wick on your candle
There are 2 main reasons why trimming your candle wick is important.
1. Your candle will last up to 25% longer. If you don't trim your wick debris will gather in the glass and can be picked up by the flame and cause your candle to burn hotter and faster. If you trim your wick you clear the debris making your candles last up to 25% longer.
2. It will keep your candle glass looking clean and free of dirty marks.
This is the best way to trim your candle wicks:
1. Blow out your candle and let it reset fully.
2. Using a wick trimmer preferably bring the blades towards the wick as parallel to the wax as possible.
3. Trim the wick to a height of 5mm above the wax.
4. Discard the trimmings.
Wick trimmers are available on my website under Accessories but an easy hack if you don't have any is to use a baby wipe to pinch off the ‘mushroom' after burning. Just make sure you don't cut the wick lower than 5mm.